Causes of Foot Odor:
The main cause is foot sweat. Sweat itself is odorless, but it creates a perfect environment for certain bacteria to grow and produce bad smelling substances.
Foot odor is also the result of wearing shoes and/or socks with inadequate air ventilation for many hours. Because human feet are densely covered with sweat glands, perspiration of the feet can combine with surface bacteria to produce odor.
Foot Odor Remedies:
* Try lemon juice mixed in warm water and soak your feet for about 10 minutes at least once a week.
* Dilute some apple cider vinegar in water and soak your feet in the solution. The proportion can be for every ½ cup vinegar add 2 cups water. The vinegar will inhibit bacterial growth and reduce odor production.
* Soak some plain rice in water for half an hour. Drain the rice to get the rice water and soak your feet into the solution. This is another effect foot odor remedy.
* Baking soda Sprinkle baking soda inside your shoes to absorb moisture and odors.
* Wear clean cotton socks to prevent the sweating of feet. Change socks often or change into new ones if they have become wet due to sweating.
* Radishes Juice about two dozen radishes, add 1/4 teaspoon of glycerin, and put in a squirt or spray top bottle. Use as an underarm deodorant or to reduce foot odor.
* Soap Wash your feet daily with soap (an antibacterial soap is preferable). Make sure you dry your feet and toes thoroughly. This will get rid of dead skin where the bacteria may be growing.
* Tea Boil a quart of water and add 5 tea bags. After the water cools, soak your feet for 30 minutes. The tannin in the tea is an astringent, which will prevent your feet from perspiring.
* Use a good foot deodorant. You can also apply underarm deodorant to your foot.
* Sage reduces excessive sweating and can be used as foot odor treatment. Take one teaspoon of sage powder and add it to hot, boiling water. Add cool water to adjust the temperature and then soak your feet in it. Carry this out once every day.