Anxiety is a normal reaction to stress. It helps one deal with a tense situation in the office, study harder for an exam, keep focused on an important speech. In general, it helps one cope. But when anxiety becomes an excessive, irrational dread of everyday situations, it has become a disabling disorder.
It’s normal to worry and feel tense or scared when under pressure or facing a stressful situation. Anxiety is the body’s natural response to danger, an automatic alarm that goes off when we feel threatened. Anxiety disorder is not uncommon by any stretch of the imagination some sources say it affects more than five million peoples any given year.
Anxiety Disorder Causes:
An anxiety disorder is caused by a combination of several of these factors working together over a period of time. Usually one factor alone does not result in an anxiety disorder.
Several of the contributing factors are:
* Biological Factors
* Stress Overload/Lifestyle Factors
* Childhood Environment
* Thought Patterns
* Genetic Factors
Signs of Anxiety Disorder:
Because the anxiety disorders are a group of related conditions rather than a single disorder, they can look very different from person to person. One individual may suffer from intense anxiety attacks that strike without warning, while another gets panicky at the thought of mingling at a party. Someone else may struggle with a disabling fear of driving or uncontrollable, intrusive thoughts. Still another may live in a constant state of tension, worrying about anything and everything.
Important Supplements for Anxiety Disorders:
* Calcium Magnesium Deficiency: Calcium Magnesium complex Calcium is a natural mild tranquilizer while magnesium is know as an anti anxiety mineral best taken in combination.
* Vitamin C, vital antioxidant and stress reducer in large doses.
* Vitamin E, Supports oxygen flow to the brain cells.
* Zinc, calming affect on the central nervous system.
* Vitamin B Complex extra B1(thiamine) Stress reducer and maintains normal nervous function.
* Essential Fatty Acids important for brain function and brain development.