Eczema, the most common type of skin inflammation (dermatitis), refers to several conditions that share a pattern of changes in the surface of the skin. Eczema first appears as an episode of itching and redness of the skin. You also may have tiny bumps or blisters. When it develops into a long-term condition (chronic eczema), it leads to thickening skin, scaling, flaking, dryness and
There are many types of eczema, depending on the cause, shape and location of the rash. Most are related to allergies or to contact with irritating chemicals. Some are associated with underlying medical conditions that cause fluid retention in the legs. In the United States, eczema affects approximately 10% of the population.
Symptoms:Short-term symptoms of eczema include itchy skin, redness and tiny bumps or blisters. If these symptoms remain untreated, the skin can become thick, scaly and dry, with areas of hair loss and color changes. Skin affected by long-term eczema is more vulnerable to secondary infections, usually caused by bacteria. Each type of eczema has specific characteristics and pattern of symptoms.
Home Remedies for Eczema:1. Grind basil, one tablespoon of olive oil, two garlic cloves, salt and pepper. Smear on the infected area.
2. Mix 1/2 a tablespoon of turmeric and half a cup of water and drink.
3. Eat pesto sauce: Grind basil leaves, add olive oil, garlic and some salt and pepper.
4. Soak your feet in vinegar and hot water (1:4) for 20 minutes, twice a day.
5. Fill up a warm tub and add walnuts leaves in. sit in the tub for a while. Do not add anything else.
6. Mix half a teaspoon of turmeric to half a glass of water and drink.
7. Squeeze basil leaves and apply on the infected area.
8. The most important thing is to keep your feet dry. When you get out of the shower dry your feet with a hair dryer.
9. Wear sandals, the sun will kill the eczema.
10. If you wear socks make sure to change them every day.
11. Soak a cotton wool pad in bleach and apply on nails 5-6 times a day. After 2 weeks you will notice the difference.
12. Mix Red Henna with boiling water until you get a mixture, Smear on the afflicted area. Leave for 30 minutes and wash. Repeat after 3-4 hours if needed. Also can repeat after 3-4 days if you still have the eczema.