Dark Skin can be a bane for people who crave a fair Complexion. Thought a lot of people have naturally dark skin, darkenning of skin could also be due to hyperpigmentation and various other reasons. A dark colored skin has more of skin pigment melanin, as compared to a fair skin. Unfortunately, increased quantity of melanin can cause the skin to look blemished and patchy.
Dark skin blemishes, spots and other skin markings are common on some individuals. Such skin spots may be caused by a variety of skin health factors. These include genetics, aging, diet and skin damage caused by the sun's UV rays.
Symptoms of Dark Skin:
The most common symptoms of dark skin are that the skin color turns to brownish to blackish. The effect magnifies if it is also accompanied with blemishes or dark patches on the skin. Dark skins can be cured naturally using some easy measures. Know more how to treat dark skin naturally.
Causes of Dark Skin:
* Prior skin inflammation (post inflammatory hyperpigmentation).
* Use of certain medicines.
* Endocrine diseases such as Addison's disease.
* Exposure to the sun.
Home Remedies for dark skin:
Some of the useful home remedies for dark skin are present in below.
* Mix together a cup of lime juice and a cup of lemon juice and use in your daily bath. Just get a wash cloth and rub this mixture over your skin when bathing. Leave this on your skin for 5 to 10 minutes and rinse off.
* Make a face pack by mixing one tea spoon of milk powder, lemon juice, half tea spoon of almond oil, then put the pack on your face and leave it for 10 to 15 minutes. This is the best home remedy for removing tan on the skin.
* Put the slice of raw potato on the face. It will help to reduce the marks on the skin.
* Application of ground mint pastes on face also a good home remedy for dark skin.
* Mix oatmeal with curd and tomato juice and apply on the face. Keep it on for 20 minutes and then wash it off with cold water. It helps remove the tan and lightens the skin.
* Almonds are also very useful when it comes to removing sun induced dark skin. Soak a few raw almonds in water overnight and in the morning, remove the skins and grind these nuts into a paste. Apply on the affected skin.
* A paste made with turmeric powder and some lime juice will also help remove dark skin caused by sun exposure.