Age spots are marks on the surface of the skin that are brown, black, or even gray in color, and range from freckle sized to larger than a centimeter across. Age spots may appear in a cluster, or alone. They are also known as liver spots, and more scientifically, solar lentigines.
Causes Of Age Spots:
Age spots are particularly common after a person reaches the age of forty, occurring in areas that have received the most exposure to the sun such as, Face, Forehead, Forearms, Shoulders, Backs of the hands.
Signs and Symptoms of Age Spots:
Age spots (also known as sun spots, liver spots, and lentigines), are harmless, flat, yellow or brown discolorations of the skin which usually occur on the back of the hands, neck and face of people above the age of 40.
Home Remedies for Age Spots:
* Avoid sweets, caffeine, alcohol, tobacco and junk food.
* Drink 8-10 glass of water every day. include fruit juices in your diet. it is very useful in age spot removal.
* Apply vitamin E cream to effected area and take vitamin E supplements. it is very useful in age spot removal.
* Aloe vera has healing properties similar to those of castor oil, and daily application to age spots can help even out your skin's complexion.
* Apply some sandalwood paste to affected area.
* Finely chop up an onion, extract its juice, and try applying it to sun spots. The acidity of the onion juice can induce skin peeling, which has a bleaching effect.
* The citric acid in lemons makes this fruit one of the strongest natural skin lightening remedies. After dabbing lemon juice on age spots twice a day for two months, dark spots should begin to fade.
* Cucumber Slices of cucumber or its juice is very effective in removing age spots.
* Butter milk and tomato juice can be applied over age spots to get encouraging results in removal of spots.
* Raw papaya can be grated and rubbed on the spotted area and is washed after few minutes. This must be followed every day to get good results.