Baldness or hair loss is usually something only adults need to worry about. But in a few cases, teens lose their hair, too and it may be a sign that something's going on. Hair loss during adolescence can mean a person may be sick or just not eating right. Some medications or medical treatments, like chemotherapy treatment for cancer, also cause hair loss. People can even lose their hair if they wear a hairstyle that pulls on the hair for a long time, such as braids.
Losing hair can be stressful during a time when you're already concerned about appearance. Most of the time, hair loss during the teen years is temporary. With temporary hair loss, the hair usually grows back after the problem that causes it is corrected.
Causes Of Hair Loss:
With the hormonal changes of aging comes a decrease in the number of active hair follicles. Though this is an essentially universal change in all of us, a number of hormonal, genetic, or disease states make some of us lose hair earlier in life.
Symptoms of hair loss:
Thinning of the entire head of hair is a symptom of hair loss that affects both men and women. Both men and women may experience hair loss over the entire body, including hair loss that occurs on the armpits, legs and even the eyebrows.
Home Remedy For Hair Loss:
* Take uncooked egg yolk and massage it on the scalp. Keep it for an hour and then wash off.
* In a cup of boiling water, add a tsp of mustard seeds. Cook it for about 5 minutes and allow it to cool. Once cooled, drink this concoction.
* Rub olive oil in the scalp. This would help reduce hair loss.
* Extract juice from green coriander leaves. Apply this juice on the head. This proves worthwhile in treating hair loss.
* Applying coconut milk is also beneficial in treating hair loss. Massage the hair roots with this and rinse it after some time.
* Smear Red Henna on the scalp and wait for 1 hour, then wash, Repeat for 10-14 days. Be ware your hair will turn red from the henna.
* Mix equal amount of warm castor and almond oil and massage over scalp at least once a week.
* Place raw mango pulp in some oil for a year. Massage this oil on the scalp frequently.
* Make a hair pack by mixing amla (Indian goose berry) powder with one egg. Apply it to your hair and leave for half an hour. Wash hair.
* Do not wash your hair more than 2 times in a week. If you use any shampoo, use only a mild shampoo.
* Do not wash your hair with too hot water.