Moles are pigmented cells which appear as small dark spots or growths anywhere on the body. They may be flat or raised and the color varies from flesh color to dark brown. Moles are usually round or oval and most are no larger than a pencil eraser. Most moles are harmless but in rare cases may become cancerous.
Moles normally develop in adults until about the age of 35. Depending on their location, moles may cause no discomfort and may even go unnoticed. Either that, or they may become a nuisance by causing discomfort upon rubbing against clothing and may getting in the way during shaving.
Causes of Moles:
Moles occur when cells in the skin grow in a cluster instead of being spread throughout the skin. These cells are called melanocytes, and they make the pigment that gives skin its natural color. Moles may darken after exposure to the sun, during the teen years, and during pregnancy.
Symptoms of Moles:
Moles can develop virtually anywhere on your body, including your scalp, armpits, under your nails, and between your fingers and toes. Most people have between 10 and 40 moles, although the number you have may change throughout life. New moles can appear into midadulthood, and some moles may disappear as you age.
Home Remedies for Mole Removal:
* Prepare a mixture containing ground flaxseed, a drop of flaxseed oil and honey and apply the paste on your moles.
* Apply fresh pineapple juice onto the mole and leave it overnight. Wash it off the next morning. Alternatively you can put a small slice of pineapple onto the mole, and wrap it around with a simple bandage to keep it in place. The mole is said to vanish after few applications.
* To reduce the pigmentation of the moles, massage them with tea tree oil daily for about 2 weeks.
* Get some iodine tincture from drugstore and apply it onto your mole for 2 to 3 days consecutively. Use it before you go to sleep and leave it overnight to allow it soak into the mole. You will see your mole to be totally gone after 3 days.
* Onion juice is also very effective in making the moles grow dimmer.
* Apply a paste containing castor oil and a pinch of baking soda to your moles daily.
* Put the banana pulp on the moles daily for several months.
* If you apply the juice of cauliflower over your moles daily, then you will notice that the moles will fall automatically within a few days.
* Try to go for the foods rich in potassium or take apple cider vinegar that is rich in potassium. This will cure your moles permanently.
* Squeeze out the milky juice from the stems of a fig tree and apply on top of the moles.