The digestive system is an intricate system that can be disrupted by disease, diet, and emotional stress. Common digestive problems such as heartburn/GERD, IBD, and IBS cause millions of peoples to suffer daily and limit quality of life. When something goes wrong with this every day digestive process and some part of the process doesn’t work properly, the end result is one kind or another of a digestive system disorders.
Symptoms of Digestive Disorder:
Some symptoms, such as diarrhea, constipation, bleeding from the digestive tract, regurgitation, and difficulty swallowing, usually suggest a digestive disorder. More general symptoms, such as abdominal pain, flatulence, loss of appetite, and nausea, may suggest a digestive disorder or another type of disorder.
Home Remedies for Digestive Disorders:
1. The right way of eating:
For people who normally get heartburn or gastritis, do not drink during your meals. This applies to any liquids, including soup. Please wait at least 15 minutes after meals before sipping your drink. If you just have to drink, drink about 10 minutes before meal.
2. Food allergy:
Humans are not created equal. So certain people are allergic to certain type of food. The most frequent foods are milk and wheat. So, if your body just cannot handle certain type of foods, reduce the amount and see the difference.
3. Take enough fluids like lemon juice, boiled rice water with salt, water from boiled dal etc.
4. Suffering from diarrhoea, to prevent dehydration. Take 1 litre of boiled and cooled water and add 8 tea spoons of sugar and pinch of salt and give a cup of it to the patient after every 15 mins.
5. Butter milk with a pinch of salt can be taken thrice a day.
6. Black coffee with nutmeg powder can be given if patient feels weak after passing motions continuously.
7. Slice and dry the kernel of mango. Mix 1 tablespoon fenugreek seeds and powder it. Take 1 teaspoon in buttermilk.
8. Eat papayas frequently.
9. Ask the patient to eat a ripe and roasted on fire tomato as the first thing in the morning for three to four days.
10. Soak mustard seeds overnight or for two days and when the water turns sour give it to the patient after meals.