Body odor is the smell of bacteria growing on the body. These bacteria multiply rapidly in the presence of sweat, but sweat itself is almost completely odorless to humans. The human body produces a variety of odors in the form of volatile chemical substances that stimulate the sense of smell. While most of these body odors are considered socially unpleasant, there are a few that are considered benignand some that are believed to serve as attractants. Those odors considered to be most noxious are produced in the intestinal tract, the mouth, on the feet, and under the arms.
Symptoms Of Body Odor:
* When you find that people avoid you or try to move away from you as soon as they possibly can, chances are, you may have body odor.
* When you find that despite your very regular hygienic practices that you still smell rather funky, you might have a body odor problem.
Home Remedy For Body Odor:
* To prevent body odor, drink a glass of water in the morning, on an empty stomach, along with 500 mg wheat grass. The chlorophyll present in the grass will help in reducing body odor.
* Stay clean. During hot times, it’s a good idea to wash the areas that might begin to smell a few times daily to ensure that the area is clean.
* You can also apply baking soda to your armpits as well as to your feet, to reduce body odor.
* While bathing, add alcohol or white vinegar to a mug of water and use it to rinse the armpits. This will definitely help in lessening the body odor.
* During summers, you can apply the baby powder or talc to your armpits, in place of deodorants.
* Drinking a cup of sage tea every day will decrease the activity of sweat glands and eventually will minimize the odor and acts as natural remedy for body odor.
* Merge tomato juice with fresh sage leaves and apply on the area for 10 minutes before bathing. This is another Good Home Remedy for Body Odor.
* Tea tree is an anti bacterial herb. Make a deodorant by mixing 2 drops of the essential oil and one ounce of water.