Frequent urination means needing to urinate more often than usual. Urgent urination is a sudden, compelling urge to urinate, along with discomfort in your bladder. Most people typically urinate four to eight times a day. Needing to go more than eight times a day or waking up in the night to go to the bathroom more than once in the night is considered frequent urination.
Though the bladder can often hold as much as 600 ml of urine (about 2 ½ cups), the urge to urinate is usually felt when the bladder contains about 150 ml of urine (just over ½ cup).
Frequent Urination Symptoms:
The symptoms that are pain, irritation, fatigue, and change in color, texture, or consistency of urine. It can affect your sleep, your sexual and social life, as well as increase thirst and alter hunger and food intake.
Frequent Urination Causes:
* Urinary tract infection.
* Prostate problems.
* Interstitial cystitis.
* Bladder cancer.
Frequent Urination Remedies:
* Drink fresh young coconut juice regularly. The juice of young coconut is known for its potency against kidney infections.
* Eliminating caffeine, alcohol, and excessive sugars from your diet can help to decrease frequency of urination.
* Sufficient consumption of vitamin C can help prevent bladder infections by killing bacteria in the urine.
* Have about a glass of fresh cranberry juice everyday as long as the infection lasts. It helps fight infection, especially if the condition is due to UTI.
* Drink lots of water throughout the day. This helps prevent dehydration and flushes out toxins from the body.
* You should have lots of fresh plain unflavored yogurt everyday. It has antibacterial properties that help fight infection and prevents growth of bacteria to give relief.
* Juice of basil leaves and honey: Mix the two, making sure that they are fresh and have this mixture daily in the morning on an empty stomach. It helps fight infections.