A heart attack occurs when blood flow to a section of heart muscle becomes blocked. If the flow of blood isn’t restored quickly, the section of heart muscle becomes damaged from lack of oxygen and begins to die.
Heart attack, strokes, heart failure are epidemic of the day. Every one wants to know preventive measures that can save him of these fatal heart diseases. And the patients are concerned about after heart attack care to minimize the risk factors in order to live a healthy long life.
Causes of Heart Attack:
A heart attack occurs when one or more of the arteries supplying your heart with oxygen rich blood (coronary arteries) become blocked. Over time, a coronary artery can become narrowed from the buildup of cholesterol. This buildup collectively known as plaques in arteries throughout the body is called atherosclerosis.
Symptom of Heart Attack:
* Pressure, fullness, squeezing or pain in the center of the chest.
* Pain spreading to the shoulders, neck or arms.
* Severe pain, sudden weakness, dizziness, fainting, sweating, nausea or shortness of breath.
* For those with angina, any change in the frequency, duration or intensity of the attacks, or symptoms that don't respond to nitroglycerin.
Heart Attack Remedies:
* Sunflower, safflower and corn oil reduce cholesterol levels.
* Grapes are useful against heart attack, heart pain and palpitation.
* Teaspoon of raw onion juice first thing in the morning will normalize blood cholesterol levels.
* 1 Tablespoon of honey after food prevents all heart troubles, palpitations and cardiac pain.
* Yogurt, Alfa Alfa, garlic, fruits like apples (for weakness of heart), pineapples, pomegranate, custard apples and oranges, and coconut water tone the heart.
* Add hot pack on the chest for 1 minute and then alternate with cold pack for 5 minutes.
* Massage abdomen and upper back muscles.
* Drink pure water, get fresh air, and proper rest and sleep. Moderate exercising and yoga is beneficial.
* Dinner Soup or fresh fruit, whole wheat bread and 2 lightly cooked vegetables.
* Found in outer leaves of cabbage, green vegetables and whole meal productsimproves circulation and function of the heart.