Like blackheads, whiteheads too are formed in the skin where skin cells clog and close a hair follicle. It's small and appears on the outer layer of the skin like a raised white bump. In medical terms it is known as a closed come done. Whiteheads are closed from the top of the skin by the cellular fragments at the follicle opening. Due to the closed top surface, whiteheads are not exposed to oxygen.
Whiteheads is a common type of acne that can appear in both teenagers and adults. Being the greatest threat to your beauty, Though they don't look as ugly as blackheads but if they set in the skin deep, they can create problem to you. Almost everyone faces the problem of whiteheads and blackheads, especially during teenage. Though whiteheads on face are not at all harmful, they hold the capacity of blemishing the entire beautiful face.
Causes of Whiteheads:
Whiteheads are caused by dead skin cells and the natural oils that are normally flushed out of the pores. Only thing is the oils which contain sebum and the cells become clogged in the pore and is unable to flow out.
Symptoms of Whiteheads:
whiteheads appear white. However, the whiteness may not be absolute. Some of them might be of the same color as that of the skin. They contain secretions of the skin, known as sebum, and dead skin cells. Some of them may also contain bacteria these will typically progress into more severe forms of acne. Whiteheads are not quite large; they appear as mild bumps on the skin.
Home Remedies for Whiteheads:
* Drink plenty of water and fresh fruits and fruit juices.
* Rub your face with lemon skin and wash it off. It helps in opening up the pores.
* Calendula and chamomile tea after cooling can be sprayed or dabbed on to the affected areas.
* Apply the paste of sandalwood with rose water on your whiteheads and wash it off after some time with warm water.
* The paste of fresh fenugreek (methi) leaves in water on the whiteheads every night and wash with warm water the next morning.
* Apply grated potatoes as poultice to cure your whiteheads.
* Wash your face on and off with good medicated soap and lukewarm water so that no dirt and impurities are left on the skin.
* Mix 1 tablespoon groundnut oil with 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice to prevent formation of whiteheads and pimples.