Depression is a state of mind which is characterized by a negative sense of inadequacy and a visual lack of activity. It is a mental state in which the effecting person experiences sad feelings of gloom and downturn in mood, which may be relatively transitory and may be due to something complex. The common behavior includes feelings of sadness, despair, low self-esteem, low self-reproach and discouragement.
Depression is a serious medical illness that involves the brain. It's more than just a feeling of being "down in the dumps" or "blue" for a few days. Depressed people may lose interest in activities that once were pleasurable, experience difficulty concentrating, remembering details, or making decisions, and may contemplate or attempt suicide.
Types of Depression:
* Major Depression.
* Chronic Depression (Dysthymia).
* Atypical Depression.
* Postpartum Depression.
* Bipolar Depression (Manic Depression).
* Seasonal Depression (SAD).
* Psychotic Depression.
Cause of Depression:
• Hormone deficiencies
• Financial strain
• Marital or relationship problems
• Low levels of neurotransmitters
• Genetic basis
• Alcohol or drug abuse
• Family history of depression
• Substance induced mood disorder
• Post partum
• Social factors
• Psychological factors
If you have depression, you may have a number of different symptoms including:
* A continuous low mood, which may be worse in the mornings.
* Feeling irritable.
* A loss of interest in your social life.
* A loss of self-confidence.
* Tiredness and poor concentration.
* Difficulty in making decisions.
* Feeling guilty.
* Thoughts about death and suicide.
* A loss of sex drive (libido).
* Physical slowness.
* Add rose petals in a glass of boiling water. Add sugar to the drink and have it.
* Another remedy for curing depression is to have an apple with milk and honey.
* Caffeine and alcohol both dampen mood. Alcohol temporarily relaxes us and caffeine boosts energy, but the effects of both are short lived. Both can worsen mood swings, anxiety, depression, and insomnia.
* Make a tea and add 1/4-teaspoon basil and 1/2 teaspoon of sage per cup of hot water. Consuming this mixture two times a day would be helpful in relieving a person from depression.
* In 1 cup of rice milk or soy milk, cook 3-4 tablespoons of oatmeal. Add nuts, almonds, dried fruits, maple syrup or honey to it. this would be effective in curing depression.
* Licorice tea also works well for depressed minds. Take 1-3 cups of tea per day to get rid of depression.
* Sweets temporarily make you feel good as blood sugar levels soar, but may worsen mood later on when they plummet.
* Limit your total daily fat intake to 30 percent of your total calories. Try not to consume more than 300 milligrams of cholesterol a day.
* Don't believe all of your negative thinking.