Constipation is one of the burgeoning problems of a city life. Most people suffer from it due to a stressed out or an overly packed schedule. Some symptoms that confirm you have a constipation problem include bowel movement not even once in the entire day, abdomen pain, formation of wind, constant headaches. Sometimes extreme symptoms occur like having a vertigo, drowsiness, fever, hypertension, pain in the legs and an overall uncomfortable feel.
Causes of Constipation:
There are many reasons that culminate to constipation. They include not eating on time and not eating the right food. Junk food always has a great hand in it. So stop eating it with immediate effect. No roadside yummies too. You have to eat fully cooked food made in hygienic conditions. If you are a heavy non-veg eater, give it up for some time because the germs in the food also
lead to constipation. Raw foods like salads and charcoal grilled corn also add to the pain. Now take a look at your lifestyle too.
Do you sleep late or get less sleep, stressed out at work or have a personal problem you cannot deal with. Smoke in excess, non-stop coffee and tea or taking non prescribed medication or illicit drugs all lead to damaging your own body.
Home Remedies for Constipation:
* Take Apple pectin, helps with constipation and brings fibers into the body.
* Drink some warm milk before you go to bed.
* Take folic acid. An insufficient intake of folic acid can lead to constipation.
* Take a lemon or two to work and squeeze its juice in warm water and keep sipping on it. Do not add sugar or salt.
* Ginger tea is a great home remedy for constipation. It helps start bowel movement.
* While cooking use asafoetida, cumin powder, turmeric powder and coriander which make the food easily digestible.
* Eat lots of fruits, green vegetables cabbage, peas, carrots, garlic, sweet potatoes, all these are high in fiber.
* Exercise often a simple stroll in the park can relieve constipation.
* To clean and heal the digestive system take Aloe vera juice twice a day.
* Besides these home remedies you have to alter your lifestyle too. Sleep for a minimum of 8 hours. Eat plenty of fruits. Only properly cooked vegetables should be consumed.